Global Report on
Technology and the Economy
19 Years Providing Weekly Foresight
The most accurate predictive report on technology and the global economy,
read by leaders in industry, finance, and government worldwide.
|SNS Subscriber Edition ||Volume 18, Issue 18 ||Week of May 11, 2015 |
"Security, Risk, and Software:
Protecting Crown Jewels from
- A Keynote Transcript from COFES -
with Mark Anderson
Hosted by Brad Holtz
President & CEO, Cyon Research Corp.
[Please open the attached .pdf for best viewing.]
Scottsdale, AZ - May 18, 2015
- Economically caused problems can't be solved with better cyber techniques.
- If this problem isn't fixed, everybody loses: all those in the audience, all of America, and all "inventing nations."
- Biggest problem is CEO denial.
- IP isn't just patents, trademarks, and copyrights; it's whatever your business puts behind closed doors to maintain a differentiable competitive advantage.
- If you bring electronics to China, they will be stripped. It's just the business model; critical to understand that this will happen.
- If the PLA wants to get into your company, they will. Nothing you can buy will solve that problem.
- There are 402 US industry targets on China's list.
- All the laws of physics emerge from the properties of otherwise-empty space.
- The oil game is a game. It's not about the amount of oil in the ground, but about price control.
- If every world leader could say: "I'm turning off CO2 from all smokestacks," it would change global agenda so we could move on from climate change and focus on other big problems. The Trifecta Proposal would make this possible.