SNS: Pattern Recognition: AI for the Next IA
Week of May 25, 2015
In This Issue
Feature: Pattern Recognition: AI for the Next IA
- The Human Side
- Needs vs. Wants
- Humans As Relationships
- The Machine
- The Human / Machine Relationship
- Machine Love
Quotes of the Week
- Naikon Espionage Group vs. ASEAN
- LG’s New OLED TVs
- Viv: The Great Internet Assistant?
- Cloud-Based IoT Security
- 3D Printing with Graphene: We’re Getting Closer —-
Upgrades and Numbers
- Netflix Neutered?
- Sherry Chen: “Not Charged” Is Different from “Not Guilty”
- HP: Selling Out or Pushed Out?
- Tech Bubble: Yes
- Housing: It’s Different This Time
- China Crash? Yes (Kind Of)
- RICK, Not BRIC
- Phabs: CarryAlongs Split by Age
- The UK in the EU: Yes
- The US and Chinese Equity Markets
- Charter Bid for Time Warner: An FCC Pass
It turns out that the same skills I’ve been using and espousing since 1995 – based on pattern recognition – are those that have provided the breakthrough in AI, and, soon, in the next Internet Assistant.No matter what one calls the latest wave of assistants – Internet Assistants (our term), Intelligent Assistants, Conversational Assistants (Viv Labs’ term), Personal Assistants – or what name one gives them (Siri, Ava, Alex, Cortana, Google Now), it’s clear that we want to think of them as fellow human beings, trapped in a box and awaiting our every command.This is not the case.
View more topics in the Computing & Communications channel.